Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday Morning

Surgery is over and Peg's prognosis is good. They removed the cancer and some of her emphysema, taking an entire lobe. Stop smoking if you can. Its one of the hardest addictions to kick I've been told. I am lucky I never started because I know I would be a proverbial chimney. But hearing what I did from her surgeon and from what I have learned from my recent research, I can ask each of you to just try.

Families are odd little packages. Relatives can hurt you more than you might even imagine. Yet, it is so easy to forgive them because you know they ARE family. I have always tried to understand why someone does what they do. Its not always easy, obvious or even logical but, if you really love another its the only way to sleep at night. Life's too short. Move on.

Relationships are never equal. It's a give and take at every moment.

###########################################################################

The Phils pulled out yet another amazing win yesterday against the slime ball Mets. I have not idea how except for the consistant MVP play of Mr. J Roll Rollins. The fightin's struck out about a thousand times, let the slime balls run like rabbits all over the base path and still managed to win. I am surprised I am not bald. During the game I worked in my garden laying some pavers.....a good exercise to sooth my frenzied Phillies soul.

##########################################################################

Speaking of slime balls my "Skins play the ever slimy Eagles this Monday night here in the city of sisterly love. Get 'em Skins, they are yours for the taking.

No comments: